1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conveyor OR Auger ??

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by scottL, Dec 14, 2010.

1. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'm looking at Buyers 2 yard Poly and Buyers 1.8 yard stainless.

I care more about capacity and being headache free more than poly or stainless. So, one big thing sticks out to me ..... The poly has an 1.5" Auger and the stainless has a conveyor....

Is one really better than the other in the sense of Auger vs. Conveyor? Anyone really having any issues using the auger unit???

I'll be running salt mixes only, no sand or gloppy wet stuff.

Thanks!

2. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

wwe have 2 1.5 yd and 2 4.0 yard auger poly salt doggs and the 1.5 does fine on bulk a lot less moving parts to and just one grease fitting

3. Dave Zelis

Dave Zelis Sponsor

Just as an FYI. There is also a stainless steel, electric drive with a drag chain.
    Saltdogg p/n 1400600SS (standard chute). If you want stainless and electric.

4. bubbles10

bubbles10 Member

we had the 1500 with the auger and it worked fine until you had to replace the motor and the pin that connects top the auger is rusted on their and when you have to maintenance it it is harder i say i really like the stainless with the electric drive it looks real nice