1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conveyor chain

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bructer2, Mar 22, 2010.

1. bructer2

bructer2 Junior Member
    from mn.

I have a henderson spreader that is mounted on a trailer. It works good for my route. I tare it down every spring, by removing all chains & placing in my parts washer for the summer. Also remove shaft with bearings, & spray them with WD40 every so often during the summer. My conveyor chain is wearing out in cetain spots. I have about a 3ft. section I'm worried about. Wondering if anyone had a section laying in there shop not being used that they would want to part with? 8ft./123 links, 11-1/4" ctr. to ctr. chain"662, cross bar 3/4" x 1/4". Thanks

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Fluid Film works 100% better then that WD-40 crap

3. bructer2

bructer2 Junior Member
    from mn.

Fluid fim? Not firmilar with that. Thanks

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fixed it for you.....

We have a whole forum dedicated to Fluid Film
    http://www.plowsite.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=68

It's a fantastic product. They are a site sponsor, Joy and Dano do a great job answering questions and promoting the product.

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

My opinion on conv chain is when one section starts to fail the rest is soon to follow... I for one would rather replace the entire chain when its nice out and theres no pressure to get it fixed, then replace one section and the next season another section fails in the most crucial time with a full hopper to now unload. Your out cussing and freezing your azz off...... I'm sure you get my point.

6. bructer2

bructer2 Junior Member
    from mn.

I agree. Already been looking into a new chain. Semi retired & plan on plowing one more season. Seems like i've been nursing this sander forever. Anyhow thanks for reply.