1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ed39, Oct 11, 2009.

1. ed39

ed39 Senior Member

i know this has been asked 100s of times but i cant find what im looking for. I want to convert a mm2 3 plug to work with my 2 plug setup, i cant seem to find an exact procedure on how to do this. ive seen it asked but no clear answer. Whare can i find wiring diagrams of the 2 systems so i can see how they match up. my system is a 9 pin with the 2 relays
  2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Better off to convert the truck to three plug. Three plug uses the isolation module with weather pack connections... no relays. If you want to convert the plow without hacking up harnesses, you need new headlights. Probably less money to convert the truck, and you wind up with a better setup in the end. Just my opinion.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Its cheaper to switch the plow side harness than the truck side.

Harness # 61438. (9 pin)

Only have to change the harness on the plow to the headlights and valves.
  4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Crash is definitely right on this. I just swapped the truck over to the 3 Port ISO. If the 9 pin harness off my plow wasn't already spoken for I would sell it to you.
  5. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

When i bought a mm2 last year i converted the plow side to the two plug. Seemed to be the cheapest and the easiest way.