1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting wiring from Straight to V-Plow. Which Western Harness # ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dieseldirt, Sep 27, 2013.

1. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

My '94 F350 is set up for an old Unimount straight plow (2 plug). Pro install a few years back.

Just picked up a Unimount MVP V-Plow (2 plug)- looks to be in good condition!!! I do have the 10-pin joystick for my new plow.

Mounted right up on the truck, chained it up to get home. Lights work.

Figure I just need a new Western control harness, and maybe a new power harness (new one has the extra little pin?...)

Got a good enough deal on the plow I am happy to just buy the new harnesses.
    Been looking at them on EBAY searching under "western unimount mvp harness"

What is the easiest and best way for a novice to go about this wiring conversion? Simple as swapping in the new harness?

Specific Western Part #'s much appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So you don't have the straight plow anymore and are only going tobe running the v?

3. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

Yes that's correct, only the V-Plow.

4. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

...Anyone?

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

sorry buddy! don't get on here over the weekend.
    yes, you need a 66610 main harness, and a 66623 battery cable. sorry for the delay!
    ps.. you could also use a 66760K adapter to hook a straight blade control up if you did want to hook up to somebody's in the future.

6. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

7. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

Thanks! I will grab a 66610 and 66623. Is $257.00 a good price for both?

Am I right that the 66610 control harness will just hook up to my existing lighting harness? I think I can handle the swap as long as I don't have to mess with the headlight wiring. The lights do already work, (with the straight plow truckside plugged into the v-plow).

The 66610 has a round 14-pin female plug for the joystick. My joystick plug has the 14 holes but only 10 have pins. Just thought I would mention this...

Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  8. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, the harness is a 10 pin. you stick the harness through the firewall and then hook it up to the plug. the new harness should come with the pins on the wires and the plug and bracket loose.
    those instructions show how to hook it up, and yes you can leave your headlight harness hooked up. the headlight harness and the main harness will join up at the relays.
    looks like list price on the two harnesses are $89 for the battery cable and $207 for the main harness. so, yea $257 for both is a good price if they are new.