1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting to diesel

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping, Jan 23, 2005.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

i have a 99 gmc 3/4 ton old body wondering what your guesses opinion is about converting a gas truck into a diesel i was just thinking of it wondering if anyone knows how much it would cost to do something like that and or if i should just go and buy a diesel.

2. Robo

Robo Senior Member

Anything can be done but I would just go buy one and fhaghettaboutit :nod:

3. medicboot

medicboot Junior Member

There is alot of consideration and work involved in it. Start with the logistics and see if the frame and axles can handle the extra 600#'s. I think this is why the diesel only comes in the 2500HD with the 1ton frame and axels. Then look at the economics. I have seen the rebuilt duramax engines go for $4500. I think it would be a fun project but very costly.
    Good Luck!

4. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

not only axles and engine but might take different brains in the computer could be very very pricey payup

5. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Wth computer Diesel and computer transmissions it would definitely be more trouble than its worth. Trade it or sell it to me cheap... :D