1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting to deiseal

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Apr 28, 2006.

1. i have a 99 gmc 2500 and its gas but was just wondering about changing it over to a deiseal engine. what all would i need and how much would something like this be to do.
  2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Well let me know if you find out
  3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Save yourself the hassle and just buy a diesel. You could probably get a good deal on a new one right now. You would probably be able to save a lot of time, hassle, and money this way. Just my 2 cents.
  4. PLOWMAN45

im gonna run heating oil in it
  5. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

agree with above, just go buy one

unless you have a whole lota time and $$$$ to throw into it, in the end all the money and time you put into doing it you coulda bought one already

just go get one
  6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

PLOWMAN45 im gonna run heating oil in it

Im telling....lol
  7. PLOWMAN45

Cool i got the die im in heating buisness wesport
  8. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

that truck is too new to do that conversion unless the engine is shot to begin with. Even then, unless you have a cheap source for the new engine it is going to cost you a lot. and by a lot I mean price it all out and then double that, if not more, because that's how projects like that go.

It would be much wiser, as has been said (and you don't want to hear, of course) to sell your truck and buy a diesel instead.