1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting to Central hydraulics to Electric/hydraulic

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Diesel_brad, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Diesel_brad

Diesel_brad Senior Member

What all is involved?

I found a 9' Ultra Mount pro plus which would be perfect for my F450
    It has no pump or pump harness also is missing the lights

I got a pretty good deal on a 7.5 pro for $700. Could I just rob the pump and light off of that for the 9'?

How about upgrading to the Nighthawk lights? What would be involved with that?

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Post some pics of the 9 so we know what ya have. Do you have any of the truck side needed items?

3. Diesel_brad

I dont have any pics of the 9. It looks like any other ultra mount just with no pump or lights

All I have for the truck so for is the mount and lower jaws

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

First off your title is confusing. I am guessing you don't want central hydraulics. Do you have wiring for your truck? What pump is on the 7.5? 2 or 3 plugs?

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, you should be able to use the power unit and lights off of a 7-1/2' Ultramount. The 9' pro plus doesn't have to use anything special. and like Diesel-brad is wondering - is the 7-1/2' plow 3 plug? More than likely it is, unless it's really old or really new. If it is an old 2003 model with two plug relay wiring, yes you could change to Night hawk lights, and add the 26359 harness to the coils on the power unit. The relay wiring headlights would have the wires from the coils joining the wires from the lights, and all going to one 9pin plug. If it's already 3plug, then you can change to Nighthawks, and you'd already have the separate harness to the coils.

6. Randall Ave

I figured he could use the hyd unit. His title question is a little confusing as Kimber stated. Seems lately a few people don't no exactly what they have, or have purchased used mutts. That's why I asked for pics.

7. Diesel_brad

Sorry, YES the title is confusing. The 9' plow I am looking at is setup for central hydraulics, I do NOT have central hydraulics. It has some sort of harness with lights but no light housings

All I have for the truck side is the mount. ZERO electrical

The 7.5' pro plow is a 3 plug(12v +/-, lights, plow controls)

8. Randall Ave

What condition is the plow harness in? The truck side is an easy install. Not sure on the lights, but I think they will wire right in.

9. Diesel_brad

Not sure. I am looking at it via pictures. The owner doesnt know much

10. kimber750

If the pump works it alone will be worth the $700. Post up some pics and we be able to help better.

11. Randall Ave

If ya get the hyd unit. Remove the resiviore and replace the filter. If you didn't buy it yet and it's in good shape, it won't last long.

12. Diesel_brad

There is NO PUMP. That is what started this whole discussion. It is a Central Hydraulic setup

13. kimber750

You said in your first post the 7.5 had a pump for $700.

14. Randall Ave

That's what I thought, he has two plows making one?

15. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

So, yes, if you already have this 7.5 pro ultramount, and you are looking at the 9' pro or pro plus Ultramount plow to upgrade to - yes your lights and power unit and harnesses from your 7.5 3plug plow will work fine on the 9' plow.
    Then for your truck, besides the mount you already have, you'd need receivers to stick in the mount, a 6 pin control, and the truck wiring (28055, 56131, 22511, 29047, 29070-1, 29049 (if you have H13 lights on your F450)).