1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting to '11 GMC from '04 GMC - What do I need?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PLM-1, Dec 22, 2010.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Hi guys,

Just bought a new truck, 2011 GMC 2500HD and I need to put the truck side kit on. What do I need to utilize as many componets that I already have? When I called a couple of dealers (200 miles away) they were trying to sell me the entire truckside kit for $1500-ish. Shirley there is some adapters for some of the wiring on my previous truck. They're saying I need the Head lamp harness (29400-2), the 3-port isolation (29070-1) and the mount (7192). It looks like I already have the 3-port. I also seem to recall that there was an adapter to utilize my 24098 headlamp harness but can't seem to find that thread from a while back.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I ran both setups through E-Match.....

From the 04:

Push Plates- 7169
    Iso Module (3 Port)- 29070-1
    Light Harness- 29048

For the 2011

Push Plates- 7192
    Iso Module (3 Port)- 29070-1
    Light Harness- 29400-2

Looks like you need a different light harness and push plates

3. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

03 to 11

The only difference in the headlight harnesses are the low beam plugs have a slightly different fastening system, the newer trucks have side fasteners rather than one top fastener, you can use your 04 wiring, we put H11 connectors on the low beam wires at the headlamps. You will need to install the 28072-2 relay kit between the iso-mod and the A port 11 pin light harness. That 28072-2 kit is also needed with the newer light harness. So buy your 7192 push plates and a 28072-2 relay adapter 2 male H11 and 2 female H11 connectors.( Or the new harness PN 29499 only). The 29400-2 kit has the 11 pin headlight harness which you already have. Remember those headlight plugs can go two ways and you have to have them all going the correct way or you will see light issues.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  4. buddymanzpop

HB4 to H11

Ok, just called my brother whose 2010 we did last year from an 05 to refresh my memory, he bought one set of H11 to 9006 headlight adapters and one set of 9006 to H11 adapters from Innovative wiring, a web based headlight wiring company those four adapters cost him $50 to $60 where 29499 harness would have been around $100 to $120.

5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

My stupid internet was down this morning so I couldn't catch these replies! I called a couple different dealers today and they both said I could use my same 3-port isolation module (which I knew through e-match). I ordered a 7192 mount kit, but they said I needed a whole new headlight wiring kit, the 29400-2. They stated there were no adapters available!? One of the parts guys supposedly called Fisher for comformation.

Will what I ordered work correctly?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there are adapters available right from Fisher to do this very swap. P/n 29458 gives you the HB4-to-H11 adapters to use a pre-'08 headlamps harness on an '08-current, and for a paltry $36. Nothing else is needed.

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Good lord, stupid me. Needed it shipped and here by Friday got me in a bind and didn't have the time to get it all searched out.

Will that 29400-2 harness be all that i need since it's already headed this way?

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes although when you were going that route you didn't even need all that. Could have simply ordered the 29499 headlamp harness by itself and saved some good money. Everything else in the 29400-2 you don't even need because you already have it. Now, there is a newly revised 11 pin harness that is included in -2 only kits that includes some extra relays Fisher claims is needed on the newer trucks but all the previous revision 11 pin harness's (such as the one you already have) work just fine.

9. buddymanzpop

The relay kit B&B mentioned are also available separately part # 28027-2, plug and play. Thanks for the adapter PN we bought aftermarket for more money, these adapters will let you use the four port 03 up set ups as well.

10. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Working on my install and the headlamps are killing me:

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=114515

Within the kit there is an adapter 29047 that is a 3-port to 26345/26346 veh. control harness. Will I need to use this? I'm not seeing where it goes in the instructions. I don't believe i used it on my '04.

Also trying to locate a switched 12v in the fuse box.

The truck is a 2011 GMC 2500HD Denali diesel.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  11. buddymanzpop

Your 26345 control harness plugs into the large plug on this adapter and the smaller 4 pin side of the adapter plugs into a four pin plug on the headlights to isolation module harness that plugs into the B and C ports, you should see the empty plug on that harness

12. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I have no empty plugs.

29860 plugs to A
    And then the headlamp harness goes in to B and C.

13. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

There is going to be a suicide over this install! (j/k) I for the life of me cannot get these headlight out on the drivers side to even get to the plugs. I removed the 2 screws and it won't even flex. I tried to remove the grille thinking it might slide toward the center, but I couldn't get the grille out of the clips after removing it's screws on top. It looks like the bumper cover has to be removed as there is a lip in there keeping it [grille] from coming forward.

I also am not able to tell which wire on the passenger side needs to be tapped for the turn signal as the light won't come out over there either.

14. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I do not have a 26345.

I have a 29860 w/ the relay that is supposed to plug into A

28587 that goes into the cab for the controller

29498 that says - "service HB3/HB11" And it's other two plugs go into B and C

15. buddymanzpop

Okay, is this an extreme-v plow?

16. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Yes, sir.

Thanks for your help, btw.

17. buddymanzpop

If this is a three port module two plug to plow set up you will only need the adapter harness with the relays plugged into the A port. Go to www.fishersnowplows.com on the upper right corner you will se the Esearch feature, click on that and when a search box comes up type in the number 29225 choose the literature here with the 3 port 2 plug instructions and there will be a diagram of your set up, again that 29047 is for the straight non multiplex set ups

18. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Finally got this headlight nightmare off. Now my problem is finding which wire in the turn signal bulb does what. They are a combo park light and flasher. 2 green, 2 gray and a black wire. I can't probe them with a test light as the wires are so short so there's nothing to push on to break the insulation.

19. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

ALMOST THERE!

I think I got the headlights correct. On the drivers side, the bulb on the plow seems to be out. I can barely see a lit dot in the bulb, but the high beam works. Would you say it's just a bad bulb?

I think I'm going to take the frame mount to a body shop friend. The way this fiasco went, I'm not sure I'm up for cutting on the bumper and drilling frame holes. Hopefully the bumper will look better if a "pro" does it.

My 2004 GMC was SOOO much easier. I can't for the life of me figure out why you would design a headlight where you have to take the lower bumper cover and inner fender liner out. Completely blows my mind.

20. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

A new bulb didn't fix the problem. When it's plugged in, I can see a single coil dimley lit within the headlight. When I put the harness on the truck, it's headlights wouldn't come on if the connector was flipped over, so I'm thinking the connector is correctly oriented. Any ideas?