1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting single ground E60 to dual

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I konw I posed this question a while ago and didnt really get much of an answer, so I will try again. I have the regular E60 single ground pump. I want the benefit of having the extra security and longevity of the double ground. Is it just as simple as putting a double ground motor on and getting the double ground harness?? My motor is tired and needs a replacing, so I figure why not upgrade to double ground? That and I am gonna keep the plow for a while and am gonna do B&B's double chain conversion soon, so I wanna make it work like new for the upcoming season. Thanks in advance!!!:waving:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The motor swap is a direct bolt on and a very good upgrade IMO. The Meyer part# for the two terminal motor is 15727. If you go with an aftermarket motor though, check the length of the through bolts that come with the replacement motor as I've seen several come with bolts that were too short. If you acidently used the shorter bolts, they will strip the threads out of the motor mounting plate as they only engage the threaded holes with about three threads and the weight of the motor will pull the bolts out (and the threads too!).

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Been there, done that. Thank god for helicoils