1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting s15 blaser to full size chassis

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jacy, Mar 1, 2003.

1. jacy

jacy Junior Member
    from canada

My freind is changing his chassis from his 86 s15 to a full size 81 blaser chassis and we where wondering if any one knew of any manufactures that make a cab mount adapter if there is a so-called thing to go from 1 to the other. any info would be muchly apprechiated
  2. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

I think the saying goes..

If you gotta ask..... you can't ***** it.

You are talking about big fabrication. Welder, hoists, patience electrical skills, major mechanical skills (your steering and brakes are pretty important!)

What are your goals? Why do you want to do this?

Maybe a solid axle swap or 350 swap are more of managable project?

3. jacy

jacy Junior Member
    from canada

we are doing this because there was too much to fix on the s15 and the full size has almost very thing brand new on it. and our goal is to be differant, its one of those things that just has to be done. in our town there is a 96 s10 blaser with 6 and 3" lift and it looks alright, but the way the full size blaser fits under the s15 we get just about 15" lift. just little things to be differant thats the goal, we are in no hurry to get this done my friend is waiting to get some money from the gov. that they owe him so it could be months before this is done
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have seen a lot of different things put on a full size blazer\jimmy chassis.No one makes any bolt on adapters that I know of.You will probably have to fabricate everything yourself to put it together.