1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting Nose from 99-02 to newer 03-07 style

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RepoMan207, Nov 3, 2009.

1. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

So, I figured I needed another project before years end. Over a year ago I collected all the parts needed (or what I think is everything) to swap my front end over to the newer style. I even had the lower bumper painted when I had to fix a "boo boo" on the rear quarter a year ago.

I use to tear down wrecks and do estimates at a local body shop when I towed for a weekly check, so I know my way around, but unfortunately, I no longer have access to the computers I used to use to write estimates. so I can't compare my setup to what I'm swapping over to. When I bought the parts I used a 2003 configuration in hopes that everything would be similar, but I still have a few doubts. To be specific, the headlights. I'm almost 100% positive there still the same on the 03-07 trucks as they were on the 99-02, and the frame caps(??), there was two options for the 03-07, one of which was the same part number as my 2002.

Does anyone have pictures of a 03-07 Chevy or GMC with the front bumper and other components off or partially removed, particularly the lower bumper? I would love to hear from anyone with cautions or advice in regards to this.

Stuff collecting dust in my basement (the box of hardware not shown):

carpet 001.jpg

Soon to be old front end:

[​IMG]

Soon to be front end:

[​IMG]

carpet 001.jpg

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Everything is the same except the components you're changing..ie bumper components, fog lamps and grill. Frame caps are the same IIRC and I know the headlamps are.