1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting Meyer C-8 MD-II to new system

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by SnowHill11, Sep 5, 2013.

1. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Has anyone converted an older Meyer MD-II system with the square plug harness to the newer 20 pin trailer plug style harness? I have a C-8 with the MD-II/EZ Mount Plus system and square plug harness and just purchased a new Meyer Super V2 for my second truck. Looking at the parts and mounting system it looks like if I changed out the harness on the plow and truck my blades would be interchangeable between trucks. The parts I'm looking at are truck side harness 22691, plow side harness 22692, coil converter 15912, and bracket 08202. These all told would cost $331.52 not bad for interchangeability in my opinion, never have to worry about moving a blade around with the other truck or being stuck without the V if that truck went down. Anyone with any input?
    Thanks

2. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

i always pondered how this work (i worked for a meyers dealer) i always figured once you switched the harnesses and the mounting brackets are the same except for the clevis(middle section where plow hooksup). The only thing that concerned me was the light harness id imagine its the same for night saber 1s but idk about the night saber 2s. and the price isnt terrible but i would double check cause there were always different versions for different trucks obviously.

3. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

It will work. Plow side might have issues with pos and neg cable length, but you can make it work.

Even if the light connectors are different, you can swap those too.

4. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

The Night Saber 1's and 2's are the same as I already switched the C-8 to II's when one broke and they just plugged in. Obviously the clevis is different as the newer design only has one set of removable pins but I see no reason that the other set couldn't just be left in the closed position on the C-8 to work on the other mount, you do have a point in that the V2 would not work on the older clevis so that would have to be changed for total interchangeability. Regarding the plow side neg. and pos. is this because of the moving of the location of the plow pump? Any suggestions on the best way to ensure the truck side harness was right? I was under the impression all the harnesses were the same and it was only the light adapters that varied and since I already have a set I was hoping I wouldn't need those and could just plug and play.... Any more comments or anyone that's tried it? Dealers are especially helpful but thanks for the info so far

5. SnowHill11

SnowHill11 Senior Member

Looks like the clevis is part #19370 @ $271.97 bringing the total to $603.49, not sure about the note on this page though http://www.centralparts.com/ProductDetails17784.aspx says the MDII is different.... I'll take a look and some measurements when I get the V2 home today