1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting from a e47 to an e60?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gcfisher75, Nov 10, 2003.

1. gcfisher75

gcfisher75 Junior Member

hey guys, I currently have an e47 and have the oppurtunity to get a e60 for a song, anyway how hard is it to wire the e60 up to the e47 harness?? I would think that they would be pretty much the same. Hopefully they aren't to hard to switch The reason for the switch is cause I here the e60's aren't near as much of a draw on the battery which would keep me from having to buy a bigger alternator, correct? Right now I have a 78 F150 I plan on putting the plow on and it's all stock.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

everthings is the same

might have to change hoses

usually the e-47 has a hose attached to it

most e-60 the hoses stay on the plow

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

We converted our old E47 on a 84 Chevy K20 to the E60, the only problem was the E60 wouldn't fit in the frame, so we turned it over. You will notice a big difference in the speed on the E60, Good Luck
  4. szorno

szorno Senior Member

Unless you have a line on a cheap E60, I would look into an E57 conversion kit. It is a new pump with an E60 motor that bolts to an E47 lift and valve system. Cost is about $300. Performs like an E60, but fits where an E47 was. Only available form Meyer dealers near as I can tell.