1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting fisher 3 wire to 2

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by rednk, Dec 21, 2014.

1. rednk

rednk Junior Member
    from 01527

I have a 97 f350 powerstroke with a 2 wire fisher minute mount setup. The plow is pretty much junk so i had the chance to buy a newer MM2 3 wire plow. I was told its pretty easy to convert the 3 wire plow to a 2 wire. Has anyone done this or have any experience in it? Any help would be greatly appreciated :mechanic:
  2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

hopefully u still have ur old rotted plow IF u do just unbolt the 2 plow lights on it then detach the o ring ground cable on the plow motor and then take the black plastic cover over the solenoids off and pull off the 3 ground wires and the 3 pwr wires grn blu wht then mount the lights to ur new 3 plug plow attach the ground cable on the new to u motor and lastly take the solenoid cover off ur new plow pwr unit and attach the wire female spades to ur new plow 3 pwr 3 ground to the solenoids--make sure-- to look inside the blk cover it will show u which pwr wire goes where put the blk cover back on that's it ur done
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  3. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

If you don't have the old plow I should have the 2 wire headlights and will trade if it helps you out.
  4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Where are you located? I may be interested in your old plow for parts.