1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting Conventional To Uni-mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by rleerodgers, Aug 21, 2006.

1. rleerodgers

rleerodgers Junior Member
    from Georgia

I have a perfectly good conventional mount style snow plow I would like to give to my uncle but I can't find a mount for his '89 Chevy. Well the blade and the quadrant are the same part #'s between conventional and unimount. The A frames look very similar except where the lift frame hooks up. So has any one modified an A frame to take the unimount lift frame and used the unimount mout #62330 and lift frame #61903? Or has any one had a bad experience? :help: :help: :confused: :drinkup:
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The big problem in modifiying a conventional to uni-mount is the cables. There should be a conventional :redbounce mount around for that truck. They made conventionals for that era vehicle. Start a thread called "wanted conventional mount for a 89 chevy" here on the site.