1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting blizzard power plow for 2012 S185 standard flow?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ChevyHDkid45, Mar 9, 2012.

1. ChevyHDkid45

ChevyHDkid45 Member

I have the chance to pick up a used 8/10 power plow for free. It hasn't been used in years so I don't think I'll be trying to put it on any truck but was thinking the bobcat might be a better option. So if anyone has any pictures of them doing the same thing or have ever tried it I would like to see them or know if it's possible. Any help would be great. Thanks!

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

You should be able to do it, just some rewiring to get it to work with the aux. 9 pin or whatever Bobcat is using now

3. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

You will need a flow reistricter of some sort. I have a bobcat plow I just tested out a few weeks ago its angels super fast.

There is a thread here where someone did the same thing he had a few hurdles trying to convert it. Ill see if I can find it.

Here it is

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Why not just use the stock blizzard pump and hydros?

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Skids only have 45-65amp alternators, you might get away with it only having to angle and do the wings

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I bet it's easier to upgrade the alternator?

7. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Did the same thing with my vee on an S250, need the bobcat12 pin adapter harness, then you can use a single positive and negative for each switch function on the controls. Some flow restrictors to slow down the flow and it will be good to go. Kind of hard to run a joy stick when both hands are on the controls, much faster when you can use the bobcat controls.

8. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Any idea how the factory blizzards run on skid steers? My Cat has a few switches I can flip to run aux hydraulics off the joystick. Couldn't figure out why the rabbit mode wouldn't work and it turns out someone flipped one of the switches that uses that button to control a aux hydraulic function.