1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting auto hubs to manual

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DIRISHMAN, Jan 6, 2013.

1. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Ok I have a 97 250Hd (old skool) and have auto hubs and wish to convert to manual locking to help out on the drivetrain in front. I have a 5.8 gas and I think dana50.What do I need to do this and how hard is to actualy do ?Any special tools? also what hubs to get Warn? Mile marker? or others?

Any help would be appriciared,Thanks

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

everyone will reccomend warn i will also. their products are high quality. the mile marker ones are not bad also.
    i also its not very heard to do there are threads on it. its usually harder to get the old one out than putting the new one in

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i have some real nice stock used ford set for those trucks if u are interested

4. Fordman2011

Fordman2011 Member
    from 45356

Go with warn. Installing is pretty easy. I swapped my auto lockers on my 99 super duty to the warn and it only took about 15 minutes per side