1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting a E47 to E57

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by v8motorcycleman, Nov 28, 2011.

1. v8motorcycleman

v8motorcycleman Junior Member

Do I only need to order a new E57 pump assembly and get a new 4 1/2" motor to convert my E-47 to an E-57?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes plus the three pump mounting bolts you'll need to replace the existing studs with. You can either purchase them from Meyer under p/n 22339 or just go to a fastener store and pick up them up. They're just allen head 5/16-18 x 1-3/4" long so they're nothing special. You'll also need a couple fresh O-rings to re-seal the new pump to the sump base.

3. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

pump

Wondering what the difference is to upgrade this and why?

4. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Everyone's favorite, Speed! :salute:

5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

exactly HOW much faster is this than the regular e47....my new truck came with a 47 on it and my dealer wants 300 to upgrade it to a 57 and i cant take how slow the 47 is...

6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

It's the difference between a 3.5" motor and a 4.5" motor, more power = more speed!

7. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

What type of oil have you been using?

8. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

just bought the truck Monday. It's got the usual meyer blue in it.

9. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

so nobody's done it or nobody knows?

10. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

its faster but no e60

11. kashman

500 and you can get a fresh rebuilt e60 dime a D on clist at 300.

12. MahonLawnCare

from Ohio

i'm not spending 500 on an e60, too cheap. i like how the motor is vertical on the 47s no catching crap in the pump. maybe i'll have to turn it to a e57.

13. kashman

then go with the e58

14. v8motorcycleman

v8motorcycleman Junior Member

Bought a new Meyer E57 pump and motor and going to do the conversion. I'll let you know how much faster. I currently run an E60 and test E47's on my truck and I can tell you for certain there is a speed difference. Looking forward to see how much fater the E57 is than the E47.

15. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

Also, going from a E-47 to a E-57 is not only just the larger pump and motor.... to make it a true E-57 you would need the higher flow valve block they came with. We have all three pumps in service on out vehicles.... E-60's, E-47's, and E-57/E-57H. I can tell you the E-57 is MUCH faster than a E-47, but a tad slower than the E-60. Personally, I like the 57 the best! ussmileyflag

16. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

if you want speed... the e 60 are the best.... i think they are the best meyer makes.. i havent run any newer pumps . but i have run e 47 e 57 e 60 .. ((((( but i would not run anyone but e 60 )))) they are by fare the fastest

17. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Ok, I know this is an old thread but how much better was the conversion to the e57 pump and motor than the 47 without the upgrade to the block ? I just toasted my motor on my 47 again ( about every two years the armature windings burn up ) and I'm looking to upgrade cheaply. I quit plowing commercially so I only do friends and family type jobs. I have a C8 and it is slow as snot even with a new motor, fluid, etc. How much can the pump be bought for and who from ? Motors can be gotten from everywhere but I never see the pumps listed anywhere. Thanks a bunch. And of course, we are looking at up to 10 inches of snow in the next few days and my motor died last night......

18. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

i just did this to one of mine that the pump went bad on and there is no waiting on it to raise, i feel its worth it but i am doing commercial, if i was only doing residential i would have probably only changed the pump.

19. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Thanks for your info and opinion. I have been wondering about this swap for a long time, keep putting it off, and now I need to fix it pronto of course. I will post a new thread question for the people who may look at the dates of this one and ignore it. Thanks again.