1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting 8611 to run on a skid steer

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by schrader, Oct 8, 2013.

1. schrader

schrader PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone converted a 8611 to run on a skid steer, whats involved in getting the hyd to work off the skid steer controls?

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I know that was talked about on this forum in this section I think, and it might have been last year? Do a search or scroll back through the Blizzard threads. If I remember right it didn't seem that simple.

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Two issues at play. First is mounting and second is hydraulics.

Mounting can be push beam welded to skidder plate if you want to retain plow for truck use in future or if necessary. In this case you want to disable the in cab control for up and down and just have the power hitch as option to dismount plow.

Second mounting option is to remove lift cyl and draw latch, cut off mounting ears and weld on skidder plate. Be sure to reinforce from the top of plate to front and sides of A frame if doing this. Moving the pump and manifold unit back against the skidder plate makes room to do this.

As for the hydraulics. You can run it all electric as it is on the trucks if you have a big enough battery and alternator or convert it to the skidders hydro.

If doing hydro conversion you need to remove the pump and motor unit and put on a blocking plate for the hydro feed. Putting the skidder in LOW FLOW gives you loop flow for the pump unit.

You can then use a hand held plow control or make up a new control or use your skidder buttons if it has enough options. REWIRING is necessary if you are making a control or using the skidder's.

Jerre

4. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

To begin with ….. What Skid-steer machine are you planning to mount this on ???