1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

converting 26" headgear to 29"

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by vwaltdog, Dec 18, 2015.

1. vwaltdog

vwaltdog Junior Member

I recently purchased an older Fisher MM plow to use on my Dakota. I had no idea Fisher made different sized headgear. Is there a way to convert the smaller headgear from the 26" to the standard 29" without spending tons of money?
    Thanks

2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Find a 29" headgear.Separate the headgear from the plow.Attach the 29" headgear to the plow.Sell the 26" headgear.

3. chevyzrule810

4. vwaltdog

vwaltdog Junior Member

That sounds too easy there has to be more to it

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Nope, he's right. Simple.

6. vwaltdog

vwaltdog Junior Member

that's good thanks so much

7. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

Headgear

Before you buy be sure to measure the width of the connecting points for the A-frame to the headgear on the headgear as the 7 1/2 foot headgear is different than the 8 and 9 foot headgear on the MM 1.

8. chevyzrule810

You will also need to remove the lights and the pump if it is attached to the headgear