1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting 2004 harness to 2008 on ram 2500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by TRC, Oct 29, 2011.

1. TRC

TRC Junior Member
    from nj

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and to plowing. I just picked up a used Western 8' ultramount to put on my 2008 ram 2500. The plow came off of a 2004 ram 2500 so i'm guessing the headlight harness is for the HB5's? The connectors are light blue with 3 wires, there's also 2 extra wires that are cut and not into the connector. I know my truck has H13's so my main question is do I have to buy the 2 headlight harness for H13's (it's a 4 port iso module) or is there another way? Also, I'm assuming the rest of the wiring should be the same...true? Any help is much appreciated.

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You just have to buy what they call the headlamp harness kit, it comes with both the headlight cables and the wire that goes from the isolation module to the grill for the plow lights. You need kit # 28800-1 The wires you see dangeling are for the marker and signal. One the other side there will be only one loose wire for the other signal. (You only need one marker input) As far as wiring goes that is all you should need.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I believe you're thinking of a 28400 kit Dave (a 28800 is a Night Hawk plow lamp kit) but you don't want the 28400 either, because all you need out of it is the 28242 and 28244 light harness's for your H13's. No point in buying the whole kit for things you already have (Iso module especially) for twice as much money than just purchasing the two harness's alone.

4. TRC

TRC Junior Member
    from nj

After researching as much as possible it looks like those 2 part numbers above will do it. The quick match says part number 28400 but I think your right in that is the whole kit. I'm installing today except for the 2 headland wires. Any tips or warnings? Haven't even mounted the frame yet. I'm ordering the 2 cables today online...can't find em used. Thanks for the help

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Take your time and route everything clean and safely and have a nice sharp drill bit on hand for installing the mount.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Yup you are right, I need some sleep, too tired to be looking at numbers, making mistakes, sorry.