1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Converting 2 plug to 3 plug

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JPLTrucking, Feb 15, 2007.

1. JPLTrucking

JPLTrucking Member

I am looking at picking up a used mm1 that is an old 2 plug style. What would you have to do to convert it to a newer 3 plug style?
  2. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

im pretty sure you would have to buy a whole new pump (insta-act), make mounting brackets for the pump to mount onto the plow frame, and switch out the lights
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

If the truck side of the wiring is a three plug isolation setup then it is easy. Get a new set of lights with the plowside light harness AND a plowside control harness.

If you need all the truck side stuff it gets more expensive but not really much more complicated, just follow the directions.

I don't have my parts book in front of me but any dealer should have the lights and anything else you need in stock.