1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Convert Wiring from E-46 to E-60

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Earl W., Oct 11, 2007.

1. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

I want to add a switch for the angle portion.

I think I need:

black wire to 'A' coil (down)

red wire to 'B' coil,(up)

green wire to 'C' coil, (right)

Where does the left wire go?

Should the center posts of switches be wired together?

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Center post on the switches is just power in so they can be hooked together. Angle left (I assume an E60 is the same as the E47/57) is the default for the pump, no solenoid activated. All you need to do to angle left is run the pump. On the E46 since there is no angling block bolted to the side the default is raise. Go through the theory of operation here... http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf
    if you want to see how it all works.

3. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

The link was helpful, I have the manual for the E-60 but it doesn't show the two switch arrangement like the E-47.

Do the switches in the diagram have three or five wire connectors each?

It looks like the diagram shows five but my current lift switch has just three.

One hot w/key, one to solenoid (white) and one to the pump (black)

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Here, maybe this pic will help you with building a harness.I posted this a while back...

meye_rcontrol_switch_modded2.jpg

5. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Heck, that takes all the fun out of it 04sd..:D

7. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Heck, that takes all the fun out of it 04sd.. Yeah that's what I keep telling myself...fun.

So, it looks like I can't use the ~$5 three post switch from a local auto parts and some wire I have and need to get the five post type.

If I get something new, I think the slick stick is worth the ~$26 more.

8. Earl W.

Earl W. Member

Correction... I think the factory style is four post not five looking at B&B's diagram

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can use a generic six prong, double pole double throw switch from a parts store. The extra prong won't matter.