1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

convert wireless plow to hardwire control

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by rickram03, Jan 14, 2007.

1. rickram03

rickram03 Junior Member
    from NY

Is there anyway you can convert a wireless plow to a hardwire setup?

2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

I don't know if you can as I don't own a snowway, But I have heard from them, that there wires are thin and that they cause a lot of issue's.
    And that there cordless is the way to go.
    when buying a snow way.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

On the new SMO-1 pump sure, just buy a wired control assembly and plug it in. It's easy to do, but why would you want to?:confused:

4. rickram03

rickram03 Junior Member
    from NY

i'm sick of the wireless i have had so many problems with it, batteries dying getting stuck it doesnt lift. the time delay, and the desgn of the controller and to buy a joystick wireless it like $350. someone told me its cheaper and easier to have it hardwired

5. Proscapez LLC

It seems like basher or tom said they had issues with some of there wireless controlers and they had a TSB or something on certain one's.
    I bet they'll tell you about it very soon.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do I detect a little :rolleyes: ? LOL

They sure did have a TSB on some of the early wireless controllers. A call to tech service ( have your controller in hand so you can give them numbers , part, serial #, etc.) will find out if it's one of those affected. Eating batteries wasn't the problem, it was poor communication between the transmitter and receiver. That could cause a raise/lower issue, although it normally effected all operations of the unit not just raise/lower.

If your unit is under warranty take it to the dealer. Have him deal with it. If it's a warranty repair the factory foots the bill. Take your controller to the dealer or call the factory, I have too many working units out there for that to be the normal. You might have a sticky valve or failing coil on the R/L side of the hydraulics. A loose pin in the receiver connection, loose wire or connection at the coil lots of things can cause intermittent "hydra-ghosts." I wouldn't blame it on the controller with out ruling those possible items out.

Problems I've seen on the wired controls are more "life occurrences" then from it being to frail. Weedwacked, dog chewed, pinched, forgot to disconnect, etc. I've used the wired Veeblade control for years with out issue.

7. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

what exactly do you mean by TSB? I just bought my sno-way and opted for the wireless after dealing with my dads wired controller setup. i have noticed a certain time delay in it and it kinda bugs me a bit..

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Technical Service Bulletin. Unless you bought a older plow control (non-backlit) you should not have a problem. The TSB was on first year units.

The only time delay I've ever noticed on wired or wireless was on initial start-up, you have to wait for the controller to pulse (blink) before you can operate, and it only takes seconds.

9. Proscapez LLC

My Uncles Boss was like that with the button controller, but he change his to the stick and the hestation was gone.