1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Convert Unimount plow to Ultramount?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by GripTruk, Dec 22, 2005.

1. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Is there a kit to convert a unimount setup to an ultramount?

I didn't come up with too much searching, although I'm sure this topic has come up before. I am looking into a used plow and I might need to get a truck side mount. If I could easily enough convert the plow to ultramount it seems like I might as well do that rather than buying a new unimount frame for the truck.

Is it easy enough to do? I can't imagine it's a completely different plow. I know Sno-Way makes a kit to adapt their older style 3 point mount to the newer 2 point so I figure western must make a kit to adapt unimount to ultramount.

I saw a kit that fits into an ultramount on the truck so you can use a unimount plow, but that's not what i'm looking for, I'd like the ease of hookup that the ultramount provides over the unimount.

Thanks...
    -Jer

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western does not make a kit to go from the unimount mount to an ultra mount blade.

The ultra is a totaly different animal, to make an adaptor would put the plow to far out in front of the truck.

Your best bet is to go with an all ultra or all uni and not even mess with an adaptor.

3. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

Ultra To Unimount

There is a adapter made by Western for the purpose of installing a Uni-mount plow to a Ultra-mount Truck. Visit your Western Dealer or e-mail me and I will get you the information.

http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/blush2.gif
    :blush2:

4. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Thanks, I am aware of that product, I was looking to see if it is possible to convert the plow to the ultramount sytem. I know that product would connect the two but you would still need to connect and disconnect using the unimount method... correct?

-Jer

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

"still need to connect and disconnect using the unimount method?"

thats correct.