1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Convert from 8ft. 3plug fisher to 8ft.V-plow HOW???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by northeastrealty, Nov 28, 2009.

1. northeastrealty

northeastrealty Member

Hey guys, quick question. I have a body who hates his Fisher V plow and wants the traditional straight blade, now both systems are 3plug, will it transfer over perfectly, or will i need to rewire? He has a 2000 chevy 2500, i have a 2002 ford f250. Let me know please.

thanks

Marco

2. stillen

stillen Senior Member

subscribed..... i'm in the same boat kinda.... I have a straight blade and want the V,,,, can you tell me what he hates about his V.... I'm curious to see what i need to do to have swap to a V blade...

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Which V is it, the Xtreme V or the EzV? If it's the EzV all you have to do is swap controllers and control harnesses. He has a 7 Pin right now and you have a 3 Pin. It's fairly simple, but it does mean taking the grills off and so on if there zip tied up front.

If it's the Extreme V, you'll need to swap out control harnesses, power harness, controller, & motor relay.

Good news is you won't have to buy anything between the two of you. The ISO Modules will work so they stay put, as well as the truck lighting & truck to plow light harness.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

oh...I forgot to mention, if it is in fact the Ezee V, he can actually leave his truck alone and just buy an adapter (21792K $45) to fit your controller. You then would need to buy and install a 7 pin control harness (26346 $275 much cheaper on ebay).

You still need to swap controllers!

21792-V-P-to-SB-Adapter-Harness.jpg