1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

convert a Ultra Mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dlcs, Sep 17, 2004.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Does anybody know if it would be possible/feasible to change a 7.5' standard ultra mount unit, over to a 8' ultra mount unit? If it is possible, what parts would I need to change, other than the 8' moldboard?

Thanks

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

ttt, anybody?

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Change Over

I would have to say that the cost of doing the change over from a 7.6 standard Ultramount to a 8 foot Pro may bring a tear to your eye, and lighten up your wallet too.
    If you feel you need to go wider try to sell what you have and buy a new plow set up.
    You may want to look into a set of Pro-Wings which would give you an additional two feet of width.
    :rolleyes: John.................................

4. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

John,

I was afraid of that, figured it would be quite costly. :cry:
    Do you sell the Pro Wings and if so, how much? I'm not too far from you.

Thanks,
    Mike

5. CENLO

CENLO Member

I'm not sure if I missed the point but I have an 7'-6"standard blade and a 8' pro (both western) an I can switch either plow on either truck with no problems. I have uni-mount (is that the diff) Also I was told that the ultra mount that I'm getting installed with the 9'-6 vee could pick up and operate any of my other plows with a conversion kit and a wiring splice. :dizzy:

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Yes Mike I do normally keep a set in stock but haven't brought any in as of yet.
    And CENLO Mike wants to switch the "moldboards" from a 7.6 to an 8' which only comes as a Pro, not switch plows between trucks.
    John.................................