1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Convert 810 for loader

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by lawnsrusinc., Jul 19, 2011.

1. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

Wanted to see if it was possible to convert a 810 truck plow into a skid plow and if so how did u do it? Did you need to use the electrical pump....
  2. JpLawn

JpLawn Senior Member

IMO. The easiest way to set one up would be to get a wire harness and hook up the power lead and run the controller harness in to the cab. You don't need the light harness. So I think it would be pretty simple to do. I could be completely wrong but I've talked to a dealer about doing the same thing. He suggested to just use a wiring harness and not try to run it off the hydros. Good luck with your adventure. Let us know what you come up with.
  3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It really depends on what machine you have and how many aux controls are available
  4. B&K LawnCare

B&K LawnCare Member

We did that with a speed wing. we used all the hydos on the plow and made our own wire harness for the plow and then cut the A fram off right where the latch and pins would be and welded on a quick attach plate. it worked great. I had pictures but on my old phone do a search I posted them a last winter