1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conversion of plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DAZ982500, Jun 30, 2007.

1. DAZ982500

DAZ982500 Senior Member

I purchased a 99 chevy 1/2 ton with plenty of upgardes to make it more or less a 3/4 ton.The plow that was purchased with it was a 8.5 western.The pastr owner had it on a wheeled cart with a cinder block.I think hooking this up in the winter is sort of cumbersome so I want to know if it is possible to upgared this blade into more of a quick hookup, example the ultramount set ups rather than by whole new set up.dave

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I take it you have a Uni-mount. If so, no theres not much you can do to convert it to an ultra. The only thing that you could swap to the ultra would be the mould board and the springs, everything else in the mount, A-frame, lift frame and pump is different. The best thing to do to make it easier to put on the truck is to make sure you have the stand and pins or put a small floor jack under the back of the aframe when you take it off. It does get esier to put on and off with some practice but it still isnt as easy as an ultra.

3. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

I changed my 1/2t into a 3/4t

how many axles were changed.
    what does the door weight sticker say - try and explain that to the State Police.
    Just because you put big beefy springs and lifts on doesn't change what the axles will carry.