1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conversion of Fertlizer Truck to Liquid Deicer

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Stoney, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Stoney

Stoney Member
    from NW OHIO

I have a Ford 600 with a 1000 gal and a 500 gal tank and a 10hp pump that we use for fertlization. I am thinking of switching to a liquid deicer system with my fert setup instead of using salt spreaders. In my area NW Ohio the only ones that use the liquid is ODOT. Does anyone have experience with this product that can give me some insight. I will be the first contractor in the tri county area to use this. Any quoting and distributor info would be greatly appricated. I will mount a manifold on the back of this truck with about ten spray nozzles and also keep my fertilzer hose active for sidewalks. Does this sound fesible?

Hiniker V-Plow
    2004 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Turbo-Diesel
    Pulls anything and Eats Snow
    Gotta Love Lariat's Heated Seats
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Stone call the local dot dept for help and info they helped me and looked at the brine plant that supplies the liquid brine. I have a scaled down version in place now but i make liquid cal or mag to increase salt supply sounded so good to me a have 50 gal tanks in small bronco II's also send szorno a pm that is all he runs in colo gave me great help good luck keep me posted Eric...
  3. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

I just wrote a damn forum book on this at the toher forum ******** Send me an email and I'll send you the link when I find it.

Your ten horse pump will be about twice as much as you need for a 8 foot boom. You could build a wider boom, or go faster, but I think a real necessity is a shut off from the cab. teejet makes electric valves for ~140 each, but I hear they only last about one season. Probably it's worth it.

Ken, tlcinc@moscow.com
  4. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Yeah, it's blocked. Do you have any key words to use to do a narrow search in the ice forum there?
  6. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

well the first is plow. the second is a four letter word, it is spanish for the color 'brown" It's where you might go to get a blue plate special, but not a diner. kind of like coffee. Does that help?

Dont bounce me, mr Admin. I'm just trying to help.