1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conversion Issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by tboylan, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

I have a unimount MVP on a 2002 F250 with all the correct wiring etc... I also have a straight blade unimount that I purchased. I bought the adapter for the controller and everything works great except for the turn signals. I know the truck wiring is 12 pin and the straight blade is 9 pin. I need new light setup due to broken housings etc....

My question is what plow light setup do I buy to ensure all lights and controls function properly for the straight blade?

Thanks
    Tom

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

the turn signals are hard wired from the tk right to the plow. double ck the connections at the tk side

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

that would be part # 61540-1. it would consist of the pair of lights already wired together with the 9pin plug. they work fine with 12 pin wiring on the truck.

4. dieselss

Not being a whooo haaaa. But a 9 pin plowside and a 12 pin tk side won't go together he would need a 12 pin plowside

5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

you are not correct. that's why they had that adapter for the control, so you could hook up to a straight plow, hook the straight control up with the adapter, and run it.

6. dieselss

Really. I had a 12pin at work. Thought it was 9 and tried to plug it in. And it didn't fit. Is it a MVP specific plug then ??

7. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

not sure what you mean.... but they both have 12 spots for wires (the 9 wire just uses 9 of them), and they do plug together. maybe you grabbed an 11 pin iso wiring harness? those don't fit.

8. dieselss

Well I had a repair plowside 9pin connector. When I tried to plug it into the tk it didn't fit so that's why I thought a 9 and a 12 pin harness wouldn't work with each other

9. tboylan

tboylan Junior Member

Lights

Thanks Nealybird!!

10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

shore thang!

11. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

not sure what you grabbed. here's 9 pin plow side plug and 12 pin truck side I just pulled off shelf....

100_1809.jpg

100_1810.jpg

100_1811.jpg