1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conversion from rt3 to rt2

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowingkid35, Nov 21, 2011.

1. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

i have a boss power v with the rt2 mounts it came with mounts for a 92 chevy but i just purchased an 02 superduty. The rt2 mounts are now obsolete and my dealer said that i could buy the rt3 mounts for my superduty and put the push tube from the rt2 in the mount on my truck. has anyone ever done this? any success?? anything helps. Thanks - Ausitn Carlen

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can swap RT2 and RT3 pushbeams around but the one you have from the Chevy will need narrowed to fit the 99-up Ford.

3. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Austin,

Have you thought about just selling off that plow set up as a whole and just getting a newer RT3 with the proper mount and wiring? May be cheaper, and can be found in the 3-4k range if you find the right deal.

4. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

Its just a back up truck so im not really worried about it, i did take the push mean out and made it work. Thanks for all the help guys