1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conversion 3pc. to new style

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jjcc246, Jan 27, 2007.

1. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

I'm buying a new truck and the only way I'm told my plow (24 series, with 3 pin hookup) will work is to install a conversion kit to the 2 pin system. Has anybody done this conversion and how complicated is it. My plow is in great shape (about 8 years old) but if the conversion is too much screwing around and to costly I may just trade it in and move up. Right now I'm driving a 2005 Ford F150 (new style frame) and I may be purchasing a 2007 Chevy Silverado. The plow was originally purchased new in 2000. Like I said the plow, other than some flakey rust here and there is in great shape. I only plow two driveways and then the plows comes off the truck until next snowfall. So I would hate to shell out $4000 for another sno-way but if I have to spend $2000 on converting and undermount, with trade in, new might be the way to go. Thanks for the input.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I've done the conversions and they're easy.

The new units are better then the old in every way

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Any idea what the aprox. cost is to convert? I am looking at a new truck also and cant justify buying a new plow when mine is only 3 years old.

4. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

basher, can you tell us a little more about the conversion. Mainly approx. cost and what's involved. I did download a .pdf of the instructions but i'm not a instruction type of guy. I just like to line up the new parts with the old and go for it. Any grinding, welding or is everything bolt on. Burn off old bolts or just work with new ones added on. Thanks.

5. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

i see your in the same neck of the woods that i'm in so (without mentioning names) you must deal with the company near the thruway tolls for your sno-way. And they are very pricey there. Unfortunetly the only game in town, so if you need something done they have to do it. Like you said, I really can't justify the cost of a new plow just to do my own drives. But it beats a snowblower or shovel.

6. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Their is another dealer in the area it is south side trailer sales. They are towards grand island. They aren't so bad on price they are just special ed to deal with.:dizzy: The guys in the shop are the same from zappia so they know what they are doing its just the counter guys that need help

7. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

jcc dont buy the chevy you will regret it. my father is the service manager at a chevy dealer nothing but problems. Thats the reason I own fords. Love my nbs f 150