1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conventional wont lower

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by birddseedd, Nov 21, 2012.

1. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

so today was fun. driving around the plow went down. already knew the seals were leaking. already had a brand new set to replace. i get 2 brand new cables and in the process of replacing them i notice the plow wont go down. took the packing nut out and replaced the seals. i got it to go down once after that but its basically stuck up.

i do have a mostly new valve i can put in it. or could it be the part the cable attaches to?

operating the valves with my finger, not the control box. up left right all work

thanks for the help

2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Since its a mechanical valve control, its either the lever, cable, linkage, or the valve itself.

3. birddseedd

what is hte linkage? how woudl i tell if its the lever? kidna thinkin its the valve. i had to adjust it quite a bit to make it so it wasnt real stiff to push down, now hte angeling is kinda slow

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

5. birddseedd

I looked at it. i adjusted my valve in and the up and down works, but the angel goes super slow.

the fix is to adjust the valuve out. but if i move it out, my down gets real stiff and hard to push the lever to the position.

would mean i have a bad 3 way valve?