1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional Western Plow off 91 F-150. What else will it fit?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by twcharles184, Jan 14, 2010.

1. twcharles184

twcharles184 Junior Member

Hi. I picked up a old style (conventional) western plow from a friend that was on a 91 ford f-150. I was trying to find something that tells me what else it will fit. Where can i get that information or if anyone knows that would be great! Thanks for the help.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

transfer

look's like according to my old book 80-91 bronco full size,f150 4x4,f250/f350 2wd gas,old model 1380 lift mount #60430 :salute:

3. twcharles184

Thanks man. I was searching westernplows.com and found something similar but wasn't sure if that all it would fit. I have a 1995 f-250 powerstroke i thought about puting this on just for a backup truck and a salt truck but im sure im going to have to fab up some of the mount. U would think that the frame should be close but i guess ill see. Thanks again.

4. wild bill

plow mt

yeah you could fab it , i know the older ford diesel with the super cool radiator's used to give a problem they used to have a different lower piece to the mount frame that dropped it down lower to clear the radiator .we used to swap it out between the gas and diesel unit .:)

5. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i tried to swap the plow setup from my 86 F250 to my 96 F350, but ford changed the frame horns in 1992. i was prepared to start cutting and wleding the 86 plow frame to make it work, but then i came across a conventional frame for a 92-96 F250/F350 (F150/bronco is different). they are out there, but are hard to find as western only made them for about 2 years before changing production to the unimount style. if you plan to modify your frame, i could snap a few pictures for you if you think it'll help.

6. wild bill

mount

if you pm me your e-mail address i can send you a copy of the 92-later f250 f350 western part's diagram and list .it has exploded view of the mount .:salute:

7. twcharles184

Yea sure. anything might be helpful. my e-mail is notime@greatlakes.net It is a complete conventional system for the f-150 and bronco. I might just sell it im not sure yet. it was a friends and hed needed the money so i got it real cheap. Thanks. If you guys know anyone that might want it send them my way. Thanks for the help.ussmileyflag

8. wild bill

mount

well i sent about 18 images of the manual you should have them pretty quick ,took me a while to scan them .:waving: