1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conventional pump problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by MJD82, Mar 5, 2009.

1. MJD82

MJD82 Member

I am trying to get a old 88 ford f-250 with an 8ft western cable operated conventional plow back into working condition. It has not been in service since 2004 sitting in a back lot. When I messed with it about a month ago i was able to raise the plow and the get some angle out of it, today i cleaned all the connections and ran a new grounding wire from the joystick now the solenoid clicks in all positions like it should, but the motor on the pump doesnt seem to spin fast enough to raise and it angles slow if anyone has any suggestions it would be helpful. the atf level is wher its supposed to be
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I hope you drained the fluid and put a new filter in before moving it too much.
  3. MJD82

MJD82 Member

the fluid was drained and refilled a month ago but i did not check the filter