1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional plow mounts.. anyone have them?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by sn95vert, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Looking to get a f250/350 and i want to put my conventional plow on it but can't find anywhere that has a mounting kit for them.. anyone know where i can find it?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not available for anything manufactured after 1994. The only manufacturer still listing them is Meyer, though you may be able to build one a piece at a time from westerns parts books either waypayuppayuppayuppayup

What year truck?

3. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Still looking at trucks but looking to buy 92-97 f250/350.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you have a plow?

5. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Yes I do...

6. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

Why do you want conventional? Go with the newer mount and adapt your plow to fit it. We adapted an older Western plow to a newer Meyer mount.

7. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

How is that possible? I wouldnt know where to start with something like that.

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Torch and welder!!!!

9. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

the 92-97 F250/350 conventional mount is very difficult to find as it was made for only 2 years before production of the unimount setup began. i know becuase i was looking for one. i lucked out an found one in NJ, but have not been able to locate any others since. i wanted that frame cus i swear by the old cable operated western pumps. heres a pic of my truck with that frame.

f350plow.JPG

10. kbsnow

kbsnow Senior Member
    from Chicago

EXACTLY. We bought a used Meyers set up for a 98 Tahoe. We welded new tabs so the Western plow would mount to the Meyers frame. We now have a nice Meyers E-60 frame mount that we take off for the summer, and use a Western plow.

Ah yes....I am an old cable pump man myself. See the one in my pic....I have another pump that I will be rebuilding soon, and another controller. I need to buy new cables and I will have an extra pump and cable set up.