1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional Mount Plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Beercan, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Beercan

Beercan Junior Member

Just wondering what you guys use for your front bumers on your conventional mount plows. I have a 92 chevy with one and my bumper looks like poo
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not much you can do. Conventional mounts are dying, well not the mounts the trucks they are on and there is no conventional allowed after 1994 so either trim your bumper to try to make it look better or live with it until your next truck which will have a mount that doesn't effect the bumper mounting position.
  3. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

as mentioned, 1994 all manufacturer's stopped building conventional mounts due to the increased damage they would cause in the event of a collision. fisher's always mounted in front of the bumper, but meyer and westerns mounted behind the bumper. the bumper can be reinstalled, but it would be gapped out a pretty significant distance from its original location.

personally, i perfer the old conventional mounts (i'm probably in the minority on this). here's my F350 with conventional western mount. the stock bumper looked awful when i put it back on and was that much more to worry about when backing up in tight turns, so i left it off. i need to fab up a custom bumper.

front axle 131.jpg