1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conventional mount no low beams

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ctbob, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ctbob

ctbob Junior Member

I put a old conventional mount on my 96 f 250 that was on an 88 f 250.the wiring all fit and pluged in but when i hit the switch for the plow lights i have no low beams at all.all I have is high beams.I was told maybe back in 88 the wiring may not be the same not sure if thats true or not.and since they stoped making this style plow in 94 but sold them till 96 a dealer told me so i was going to order the wiring for a 94 f 250 its olny 2 years older im pretty sure its the same.They told me fisher doesnt make the wiring anymore ugh.I really dont understand why fisher makes all the parts but the wiring for the lights for a conventional mount.you think these anyway I can get my low beams to work or will i have to search forever for used wiring for a mid 90s 250?
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. russ130

russ130 Senior Member

You're going to need a voltmeter and some time. You have to find out which wire is the low beam off the truck and then figure out which wire goes to the lowbeam on the plow lights. That should be all there is to it.