1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conventional mount electric/hydraulic on newer s-10

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by kenhilton, Feb 5, 2006.

1. kenhilton

kenhilton Junior Member
    from maine

Hi Everyone,
    I'm hoping someone has done this or can help me.
    I currently have a 93 s-10 blazer with the convention mount 6/5" fisher elctric/hydraulic setup. I have an opportunity to purchase a '95 s-10 reg cab shortbed 4wd truck. Can I mount this plow on the new truck? The headlights on the new truck are not composite the are the single little square ones. If this can be done has anyone done it? If I relocate the oil filter will it work? any ideas??
    TIA
    Ken:help:

2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Yes the mount will bolt right up, same frames. As far as oil filter is there a problem with it's location? If I remember corrrectly it's tucked up there pretty good. As far as the lights go, I don't know how you have the plowlights wired up right now, but I think it's easiest and like it best when the plowlights are turned on with there own switch.

3. kenhilton

kenhilton Junior Member
    from maine

Thanks Mowerpan,
    I was concerned that maybe the oil filter was located behiond the skidplate and had an access door or something. I read another post where someone mentioned the bumper was 6" farther out than our style s-10's. Do you or anyone know any truth to that??

Thanks again Mowerpan for the reply!

4. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

The oil filter is behind an access hole in the skidplate, but I don't belive the mount should interfere with accessing the filter. As far as the bumper I'm not totally sure about how far out it is, but I do know the frames are the same and the mount will mount up. As far as the bumper goes I'm not too sure.