1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional mount confussion.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigRigTech, Oct 19, 2008.

1. BigRigTech

BigRigTech Junior Member

I bought an old conventional Fisher setup to do my driveway and a few neighbours. The blade was a llittle beat so I found a Diamond blade that mounts the same, it was cheap and it was in much better shape. My truck is a diesel 1991 F250 4x4. I converted it to 4wd myself from 2wd using a 89 F350front end parts, a D60 axle,auto to 5spd and divorced NP205 t-case. I can't buy a new Fisher mount to fit my truck with the conventional blade I have so I found a used one. Now I see that they list a different mount for a F250 or F350 in 91??? The have the same frame and front springs so short of test fitting the F250 mount I bought I don't know what will fit?...Anyone got any idea why the 2 different mounts? My truck has about 4" of lift over stock F350 front springs.

[​IMG]

2. BigRigTech

BigRigTech Junior Member

I found the problem, my diesel rad support is too deep on both trucks and it won't clear the mount.:realmad::cry:....Must be for a gas powered truck.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict