1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conventional mount application

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by joesnoe1101, Feb 23, 2010.

1. joesnoe1101

joesnoe1101 Junior Member
    from canada

does any one know if the western conventional mount from a 1989 gmc 2500 would fit on a 1992 gmc k1500
    having some truck issues and dont need the headache ....would be easier to just switch i hope ...:dizzy::mechanic:

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

3. joesnoe1101

from canada

i have both wireing harnesses for the lights so that wont be a problem i just dident want to remove both mounts one being heavily modified (it came off of a 1979 ford) which is broke in three places from a nicley placed decoritive stone ............ :cry:
    and the other truck needs some some TLC so i figured i could make one from the two
    and keep myself in business
    new plows next year just need to make there
    thanks for the info

4. vader43

vader43 Junior Member

i have a conventional from a 89 on my 97 the trucks are pretty much the same up till 1998 in 1999 they changed the body style.. as wild bill said the only problem is the lights i just made my own harness for the headlights and blinkers...

5. joesnoe1101

from canada

thanks for the info guys finally stopped snowing now and clear skies for the week ....... unless the weather network changes their minds again its time for the transfer :drinkup: cheers