1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conventional mount 98 f150

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kenb88, Nov 16, 2010.

1. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

I bought a conventional mount pro plow off eBay. I was told it would fit my 98 ford f150 but after buying it I found that this mount may not fit my truck. Can anyone help me? here's pics of the 2 mounts it came with. Thank you

100_4134.jpg

100_4130.jpg

100_4132.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They're not for a 98' F150 I promise you that, because Western never produced a conventional mount for '97-up F150 due to the changes in Federal motor vehicle safety standards.

They are Ford though, F250/350.

3. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

Is the any way these mounts can be modified to fit my 98 f150

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can make anything work with enough time, money and fabrication work. Would I personally recommend it? Not even if it were free.

5. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

Thanks for the advice. Now I have this plow and not sure of what to do with it. Whats a plow like this selling for. The plow is new I put it together the other day and all the parts are brand new except for the mounts. It came with two used mounts two controls 3 wiring harness for the lights one is the old 3 prong and two sets of lights.or maybe someone knows what truck these mounts fit and I can find a cheap truck.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plow prices are rather regional but post some pics so we can see what you have.

7. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

Can someone tell me what mounts I have here?

8. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

looks like my 91 FSD mounts.

9. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

which mount theres two differnt mounts

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Like I mentioned previously, they're both F250/350. Could be 80-91and 92-97.

11. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

that first mount looks like a 80-91 250/350. the second mount in pictures 2 and 3 look like the same thing, but the undercarraige mounts are nothing i've ever seen before. they look so weak and flimsy compared to the undercarriage mounts in the first picture - looks like a homemade job to me.

for sure neither are 92-97 250/350.

12. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

Thanks for all the help guys!

13. soundnstyl

soundnstyl Member

what did you end up doing?

14. kenb88

kenb88 Junior Member

I havent done anything with the plow yet probably sell it.