1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional Hydraulic plow for 95' Dodge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Wicked500R, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

The truck is a 95' Dodge 2500 Diesel. I want a conventional frame with a central hydraulic type system. My local Fisher dealer said the conventional frames are not available for 95's. I don't believe him! Do I have to fabricate what I want using another old frame or is what I want out there?

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I saw one today. Now finding the setup will be hard and no dealer is going to have it. Try ebay or some of the local classifieds.

3. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

Not positive about Fisher, but I know Western never made a conventional mount for the 94+ body style Dodge. If someone saw one mounted, it was prob modified from something else.
    You would also have trouble (if it's cable control) with the cables not being long enough because of the grill coming up with the hood. There are longer ones made but they are expensive.

4. Flipper

from CT

Looking at my book Fisher did not either.

I did just see one though in town the other day. If I see it again I will try to get a better look.

Thinking back I am wondering if the frame was that different from the older style? I know that Fords and Chevys, we made it customer choice while we used up old stock of conventional mounts as both would fit becuase the minute mount came out right then. I just don't remember doing that many Rams prior to the model change. Its possible that the conventional mount for the older body style would fit or just need slight modification.

Regardless you could still do a minute mount with belt driven hydraulics.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Guess you need to start welding.

6. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I remember reading that the conv. frames were available until 96' sometime. So, my 1st thought was that my guy told me what he told me to sell me a MM setup he had. But yeah, upon further research 93' was the last year for Dodge frames. And 95' for the rest according to the Fisher website. Anyway...I got me a conv. frame and an 8 foot MM blade so... out comes the welder!!xysport

7. Flipper

from CT

FYI I saw another truck Ram 94-95 3500 with a conventional Fisher mount on it. This is the second I have seen in two days. Again it was in traffic and I could not get close. If I do I will atleast take a look and if I can snap a few pictures.

As far as standards. I can buy a Ford SD right now with central hydraulics and muni body and a Fisher type mount (made by tarrant) with a permanenet frame and lift tower and a large lift arm sticking farther out then Fishers ever did. I have been looking at them and the town I am in has two. It is a true commercial municipal mount not Fisher, Western, Meyer Boss etc.