1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional Fisher Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rclay11541, Oct 27, 2004.

1. rclay11541

rclay11541 Member

Hey all,

New member with a question. I have a conventional fisher 8' setup on a 86 f150. The question is do i need to use the push rails? can i get away with just using the push plates?

Thanks guys

ANR Landscaping LLP
    Somerset County NJ
    86 F150 8' Fisher E-47H
    86 F150 7.5 Hacked Fisher E-47
    Kawasaki Prarie 650 Electric plow
  2. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

By "push rails" do you mean the supports that attach to the push plates, go under the axle, and bolt to the frame?

If so... yeah, I'd use them. I have a similar set up on my Jeep CJ-7. The reason they are part of the package is that Fisher fealt the fame wasn't strong enough to take the punishment of heavy pushing. If you had a few inches of snow, and you didn't have the rails on yet, then just go easy. But if you bend the frame on your truck because you don't have them on there, you're gonna be pretty miffed.

Jeff Pierce
  3. curty85

curty85 Junior Member

I've never seen a ford without them.
  4. BJH Snow

BJH Snow Senior Member

I have them on my truck and wouldn't plow without them. :drinkup: