1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional cable western on F-250 CCSB

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 7_3powerstroke, Jan 28, 2011.

1. 7_3powerstroke

7_3powerstroke Junior Member

Heres an old western conventional 8 1/2 ft. pro plow with a Mark III cable pump that I restored, built a custom undercarriage for, with headgear that I can easily remove at the end of the season. The A-arm was beat so I made a new one also. It works great.

2. 7_3powerstroke

I used a set of BOSS push plates to get me down from behind the bumper. They dont cost much and they have the best design. I built everything else. The rear braces are 1/2" plate instead of the normal 5/16. It was an immense amount of work but it finally paid off. 2 bolts, 2 pins, cables and battery wires and the whole headgear comes right off. I removed the fog lights and made a dual receiver type set up. I sure don't see many of these on here, especially mounted to a newer Ford. But it was cheap.....and it works great.
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice job. i've got one of those plows sitting in storage at the moment. trying to trade it with a friend for a tractor, but i'll have to mount it on his truck... i was thinking of doing exactly what you did

how much was the boss truck mount?
  4. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Came out great, Good luck with it. Beats a shovel or snowblower any day.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Looks awesome. Do you have any more pics of the mount or anything?
  6. 7_3powerstroke

I will take a few more pics of the mount as soon as I can. I'll be busy today. The only parts I got from Boss are called weldments and its the flat plates that come down alondside the push beam. Its $130 for both sides. $60 for one side and $70 for the other.

Boss plow mount.jpg
  7. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

no lights?
  8. 7_3powerstroke

LOL funny you should ask. I have some, but the factory brackets doesnt put em any higher than my stock headlights. I can make taller light brackets, yes. BUT ........ do I need them? I haven't made the final decision on that yet, but with the plow all the way up then lowered slightly I can see fine. I am not sure I need them and would rather not have them if not.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

No extra wiring to worry about that way either. Looks real nice.