1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Conventional cable operated to elect- solenoid?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowzilla, Nov 21, 2009.

1. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

What do I need to convert my conventional cable operated plow to a solenoid operated model. I already have a newer unimount hydraulic set-up and the original conventional lights are staying. I need to wire the newer unimount set-up (9 pin) with a controller. My vehicle is a 1990 F350. If anyone has an idea I would appreciciate it,Thank you

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

So you have a conventional mount putting a electric soleniod pump on and have a 9 pin harness? Do you also have the cross harness for the truck headlights or are you staying with what you have for them?

3. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

I have the pump with the battery and 9 pin plow side cables. I will be using the conventional lights. I think I need the truck side 9-pin harness and controller right?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Are the lights already wires into the truck?

5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i did that once and only had to hook up the lift/angle harness since the lights were already hooked up.

If you look on westerns website, there is a schematic on what wires need hooked up.