1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Convential Fisher Plow Mounting

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joe48169, Nov 21, 2008.

1. joe48169

joe48169 Junior Member

I have an old 1986 Chevy 3/4 Ton with a old Fisher Plow (not shure how old, but it has the Pump/motor mounted in the engine compartment). I was thinking about mounting this plow setup on a 2007 2500HD (Classic) because the plow is still in excellent shape. Does anyone know of a truck mount that is out there that will allow me to do this, or is this something that would have to be fabbed up? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks Joe
  2. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3 things to do.

#1 = go get the correct newer stuff / setup for your truck.

#2 = go get mm plates and wiring and head gear and pump then adapt blade to fit head gear.

#3 = full on custom fab work to make mounts/pump mount to fit it someplace yada yada .

sell it all and go get a good used mm setup and be done. and it will look better also.
  4. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov Junior Member

The hardest part is to fine a used minute mount hoop.

Unless you have a good idea of what your doing this might may or maynot make since.

The "classic" plow will fit into the minuet mount, and then the minute mount fits on the plow. Its pretty simple, just find a used minute mount hoop.

Then find a truck side minute mount.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And then you'll also need to purchase all the necessary truck side wiring for your '07...as well as convert the plow over to the newer style electrical system that you'll have to use on the '07...so be sure to add an additional approx $700 to your needed parts budget.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Then you'll need a new A-frame because the drop stand on the MM head gear will get in the way. The only thing I used off an old Fisher Speedcast plow was the blade and nothing else.
  7. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Get a minute mount lol
  8. VanceTrendov

Unless your able to deal with the cable system.

Also if you have above average electrical experience the headlights shouldn't be a problem.

9. VanceTrendov

I was assuming it was classic aka conventional and not speedcast, how do you know? When I read his post it said "conventional"