1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

conv. western mount chevy to ford

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kodiaksnow, Nov 9, 2008.

1. kodiaksnow

kodiaksnow Junior Member

I am new to snow removal this year. I have an old Ford F350 1 ton dump that has served me well for landscaping. I went and purchased an old Western Conventional mount plow that came off of a chevy (so the guy says). I thought ( there's my problem right there):) that I would easily be able to mount it to my Ford. Big difference. I looked for a ford mount....very hard to find apparently.

Does anyone have a picture of an old conventional mount for a Ford? Maybe some specs? Measurements? HELP!!!
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Don't buy it

Go to junkyard in Taylor at CTS they have plow for $100 you can ask them torch mount off frame so you can get to home then put on F350.

What year f350 is? Law say no conv mount on 94 or new.
  3. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

what year is your ford? Mine is a 88 f450 4x4 and can get pics for you. just pm me your email.
  4. kodiaksnow

kodiaksnow Junior Member

It's a 1981 F350 Custom with a 4 yard dump (1 ton).
  5. mmwb

mmwb Senior Member
    from wyoming

Take a look at westerns site for installation instructions for that mount, for that vehicle. It won't give measurements, but will show you what the right truck side mount looks like. I was able to use that to do some fabrication to mount an older chevy mount on a mid 90's Ford.
  6. kodiaksnow

kodiaksnow Junior Member

mmwb- thanks for the info. I will follow up on that.

walturf- I pm'ed you. hopefully you have pics.

Milwaukee- I went the CTS. That had apparently already sold the plow and mount. Thanks for the suggestion anyway. Any other alternatives?