1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Controls for SEHP pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JFon101231, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Are the controls the same for a 7" stroke and 10" stroke SEHP setup? If so, for both the full electric SEHP like the MM1 and the part electric/part cable setup on the Speedcast, or only one of them?

Thanks,
    Jeff

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The SEHP's are operated by the same controller, doesn't matter what size you have. The EHP's or Cable operated pumps and are just that.....cable operated, and require cable controllers.

3. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK, so the ends on either one (electric terminal or cable ends) are the same regardless of pump.

I'm working on a new electric pump w/o controls, but I also found a electric/cable pump with controls for a 7" stroke. Now i wonder if the "control" blocks can be switched from the EHP to the SEHP. I assume not...

Thanks!
    Jeff

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

No, the control ends are NOT the same by any means. one is operated by cables and the other by electric. It's a matter of mechanical vs. electrical.

What exactly do you mean "w/o controls"?

The EHP & SEHP are not compatable....it's not the same housing, so you wouldn't even be able to mount the cylinders block onto it.

You can however swap a EHP out for a SEHP pump altogether. If you have a 7" now, you'll need to stay with the 7" when replacing. You'll also have to swap the truck over to electric controls.

5. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Sorry I wasn't clear. I was saying that if you have an electric controller, it will work on a 7 or 10", and if you have a cable/electric setup, it would work on a 7 or 10" - NOT that the electric would work on the cable or vice versa.

We are talking about the same things here right? The SEHP is all electric, and uses a dash mounted square control. Then there is another unit (i've only seen pics/online) that looks the same but controls motion with the old "lever style" control in the cab under the dash, and cables that appear to go all the way to this unit on the front of the truck, doesn't appear there is anything under the hood. You threw out the name EHP.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  6. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yes, the controls stay the same in that aspect. It doesn't matter which size you have.

And yes, the EHP is the one your thinking of. It looks just like the SEHP, however it has cables running out to the pump to control it, instead of electrical harnesses.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

8. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

OK, cool, great to know. From what I gather, the 7" stroke was for smaller like 6-7ft plows, and the 10" stroke was from fullsize 7.5+ plows. So if I can get my hands on a new 10" stroke pump, I can probably find a harness and joystick from a 7" stroke setup for a decent price and be golden.

So, let's see if i pass the test:
    Top - 10" stroke EHP
    Bottom - 7" stroke SEHP

Thanks for your help!